Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Post-It Notes



I love post-it notes! I use them all the time! I stick them on my desk at work, on my computer at home and at work and on my dresser mirror. I never forget anything - as long as I have my post-its! I have several different colours because after a while one becomes "color blind" to the notes and you need the shock of a different coloured post-it to ensure you focus on the reminder. I was interested to find out recently that 3M almost didn't produce the little sticky notes at all! The powers that be at 3M did not believe people would buy them or that they had any kind of future. Art Fry, the inventor, so believed in his little sticky-notes that he kept handing them out to people to try out. Enough people liked them that 3M decided to produce them. The first marketing attempt failed! Art Fry did not give up and eventually talked 3M into giving it one more try. And the rest is history - post-its became a phenomenal success. No office or home is complete without them. They now come in a variety of shapes, including hearts, bows and animals. Way to go, Art Fry! Thank you for never giving up and ensuring that I had some way in which to organize my life and remind myself of the important things that I simply can't forget. Post-it notes - a simple little thing making everyone's life so organized . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment