Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Big Mac


"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun". Do you remember it? That little jingle was popular when I was a child. I could never remember the phrase (not that I tried very hard, I guess), but my friend Danita could recite it at double speed. The jingle was part of an ad for MacDonald's Big Mac. The hamburger was very popular, probably due to the advertising. I remember people speculating on what the "special sauce" actually was. Most people thought it was simply Thousand Island Dressing. I recently found the actual recipe on Chris' website: http://www.squidoo.com/chrisfavs. If you have ever wondered about Ronald and company's special sauce, here is the recipe:
1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
1/3 cup sweet relish
1/3 cup French dressing
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dry minced onion
Combine ingredients and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Solving one of the little mysteries of your childhood . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment