Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Tall . . . For A Week


Those of you who know me know that I am only 5’2”. So, unless I am wearing heels I am used to looking up to other adults when I speak to them. In fact, on the rare occasion where I am face to face with an adult who is actually shorter than I am, I feel a little uncomfortable, a little “off kilter”. Having said that, it did not take me long to become used to being a “tall one” on my vacation at the Mayan Rivera. Mayan people are all very short. Even most of the men are not quite five feet tall. At the resorts, one of the requirements of the servers is that they be short! The managers and hotel workers are a little taller, but the servers are short in stature. This was a whole new adventure for me! I felt so tall among the Mayan people – at least until I paid attention to all the other tourists there. You know, the tall people, the ones who are always taller than me. Being the “tall one” even if it is just for a little while . . . it’s a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment