Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Flea Market


I love flea markets! Not that I buy a lot of items at flea markets, becauseI don't. I just love to look at everything. Once in a while I may purchase an item, but most times I don't. I enjoy looking at the "treasures" people have on display. I am mesmerized by the objects for sale. I often wonder where they came from, who purchased them new so many years ago? Were they much-loved creations? Did the owner have to scrimp and save in order to purchase them? I wonder at the joy they must have brought to that person. These items also remind me that you can't "take it with you when you go". The bottles, collections and knick-knacks were someone's pride and joy long ago. Would those people be sad to know that their prizes have ended up at a flea market? Or would they be pleased to know that their prized possessions are bringing joy to a new generation of collectors? Wondering about the stories behind each flea market item . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment