Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Miss Teen Saskatchewan


In a previous blog, I talked about Melissa who had qualified to enter into the Miss Teen Saskatchewan pageant. Last night I went to Saskatoon to watch her compete. I have always thought of myself as someone who isn't "into" beauty pageants and often thought they were just a waste of time. One certainly feels differently when there is someone you know competing! The contest was very well organized, choreographed and all the girls did an excellent job showing the judges what they could do. It was exciting to watch and I could feel the nervousness and tension of the girls. Melissa made into the finals and so will be going to Toronto this summer to compete in the Miss Teen World competition. Many members of her family were on hand to watch her receive her tiara and sash. Her family beamed with pride at the lovely young lady Melissa has become. I know she will have a wonderful experience in Toronto. Watching a princess evolve . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment