Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

I am not a "royal watcher" nor am I fascinated by their lives. I was absolutely NOT going to get wound up over this wedding. I shook my head in disbelief at the number of people from around the world (many from Canada) who staked their place on the street two or three days prior to the wedding. Many of my friends excitedly planned their night in anticipation of staying up to watch the wedding. I told everyone I was going to bed and that I would watch the re-runs the next day. Which is what I did. However, I have to admit that when I tuned into Canada AM this morning and saw the clips from the "moments", I could almost understand what the hype was all about. I like this Kate. I like her style, her classiness and her beautiful smile. Most of all, I love how confident and strong she is. I hate to admit that I am old enough to say that I remember when Dianna and Charles married. I was never impressed with how Dianna carried herself and how she never seemed to be able to lift her head up. She was always looking down. It made her appear weak. That bothered me all the years that she was a paparazzi favorite - I wanted to yell to her to just hold her head up and stand straight! I'm glad I won't have that problem with Kate. My favorite moment of the wedding? When Harry looked back as Kate was waking in and leaned over to William and said, with a huge smile on his face, "Wait until you see her!". That was a sweet brotherly-love kind of moment. I don't know if the monarchy will survive or not, but if it does, I think William and Kate will bring to it dignity and a quiet grace. Watching a prince marry his true love . . . it's a good ting!

No comments:

Post a Comment