Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

AM's Magic


I walked into the house after work on Monday evening and I could hear happy chattering and laughter in the living room. AM had arrived! As I took off my boots and hung up my coat, I listened to her and my husband talking and realized how much I have missed her and her always-fun conversation since she moved away to get married and have children. Sure, we talk on facebook and on the phone, but it's just not the same. She was here until Thursday, taking a class and was staying at our house. It was going to be a great week! We talked as we had supper together (insisting on waiting until I made gravy for the roast - so like AM!) and I once again realized how special she is. She is the type of person who fills a room with her outgoing personality . She is comical, intelligent, and interested in so many things. Her conversation is animated with gestures and expressions, and no one can tell a story like she does. She is truly unique. She is now a mother with two children, and this was one of the few times she has been away from them, so this was a bit of an adventure for her. She is pictured here with her "Michelle" purse - she named her purse after Michelle Obama because she is convinced this the kind of purse Michelle would have. AM left yesterday afternoon. At supper time, my husband and I discussed how empty the house felt without her. How can a house feel empty after someone has only been a part of your life for three days? That is the magic of AM. Having a unique friend you enjoy spending time with . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment