Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Visiting Ireland


I've previously blogged about my niece and her husband moving to Ireland for a year. We, her family miss her but are happy that she is experiencing another part of the world. She has begun to post pictures on facebook of sights she is visiting. I have never been to Ireland, but always imagined that it truly is the "Emerald Isle" and that the green is greener than anywhere else. That is what is so striking about the pictures Amber is posting - how very green Ireland really is! I'm happy that we live in an age in which we can post pictures which are immediately seen halfway around the world. Each time Amber goes on a day trip and posts pictures, I feel I have gone on the tour with her. For the time being, that is how I visit Ireland. It is truly a beautiful country with a proud history. Visiting another country through the eyes - and pictures - of someone else . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment