Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Snow




I am quite certain I could live in a climate which has no snow and I would be perfectly happy. People comment that I would miss the snow. No, I don't think I would. Others have also commented that I wouldn't enjoy Christmas without snow. I don't believe that to be true either. I recall one December several years ago in which we had no snow until Dec. 31. I loved that "dirt" Christmas! The boys didn't need boots so there was no twenty-minute struggle to get boots on over snow-pants - just a couple shoes to lace and away they went! It was wonderful. I could see myself living on a palm tree-lined street in a hot climate. However, as I was out walking on the snowy Rotary Trail yesterday, it struck me there is something I would miss: I would miss the sound of snow crunching when you walk on it. I have always loved that sound and I have always been aware of how much I love it. I remember as a child listening to the crunch of my boots on the snow in the quiet of the morning as I walked to the bus. Upon reflection, I guess I would miss the snow after all. Loving some things about life with snow . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment