Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Last Line On The Last Page


Don't you love that bitter-sweet feeling when you come to the end of a really, really good book? You might stay awake until 2:00 in the morning, reading to the last page. I find myself rushing to the end because I want to know what happens, yet feel conflicted because I want the story to continue so I can enjoy it longer. When I read that very last line and close the book, I savour the adventure and the excitement of the story. Only a really good book can do that to you. And that's when the bitter-sweet part comes in. I love that I enjoyed the book so much, but I hate that it's over. The mission then becomes to find another great selection to read. Reading - and finishing - a really great book . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment