Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You're Going To Be Just Fine

A few days ago, I required a band-aid for my finger. As I opened the new box of band-aids, I noticed some writing in tiny print just below the flap. I paused for a moment to read it, and before I knew it, I was smiling. The line said "You're going to be just fine". It always amazes me when an advertising firm comes up with a perfect slogan or saying. What could be more perfect than "You're going to be just fine" on a box of band-aids? It appeals to the child in each of us as that particular line has been repeated over and over by generations of mothers comforting their children. I think that is what makes it so perfect. It instantly transports you back in time to the safety of a parent's embrace as a band-aid is put into place over your latest wound. It reaches to the very core of safety and protection through the eyes of a child. Well done, Johnson and Johnson! Knowing that you're going to be just fine . . . it's a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. That is cute, I will have to see if all the boxes have the same slogan!

    ReplyDelete