Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

T'is The Season For Shopping


Well, I did it! I bought this year's first Christmas present! During the first week of October! I never, ever begin Christmas shopping before November, - ok, usually December. I always plan to shop early, but I never do. Before I know it, it's December, everyone else is done their shopping and I am in a panic. But, it's a nice panic. I like shopping during the Christmas rush. It puts me in the spirit of the season. And bonus, because I'm so late, I don't "over-buy", which I know I would do if I started earlier. The more time you have to shop, the more likely you are to find additional items that would be "just perfect" for everyone on your list. Which is why I was shocked to find myself buying a Christmas gift in October. I don't want to be one of those organized people who has their shopping done in October and their wrapping done in November! Well, maybe a little part of me wants to be that organized, but I don't think it would be as much fun. However, now that I've started, maybe I should try to have all my shopping done by the end of October. I wonder what that would feel like? I wonder what I would do in December? Maybe there is an organized person screaming to get out - perhaps I've been too stressed fighting the crowds to notice! I just might spend Thanksgiving week-end Christmas shopping! Being open to changing the way you do things. . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment