Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Gift of Love




Yesterday, I received two totally unexpected gifts! One was from my sister, the other, from a friend. Neither one knew the other was giving me a gift, in fact, my friend and my sister do not even know each other. They were both beautiful and thoughtful gifts. While I was pleased to receive these gifts, I was really touched that they bought me something "out-of-the-blue" just because they wanted to give me a gift. I have had a difficult week, which they knew, and their gift reminded me that I have family and friends who are concerned about me and that I need to take care of myself. Sometimes you need the people around you to help you re-focus on yourself to ensure that you can continue to do the things you need to do. Not only did their presents brighten up my day, they helped me to remember that I am so fortunate to have such a loving family and caring friends. I was reminded that, with the love and help of friends and family, no load is ever too heavy. Having family and friends who care about you, and that you care about in return . . . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment