Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Connected to American Idol


I have never been a American Idol (or Canadian Idol) fan. I am not much of a reality show person. But even I might tune in to American Idol this year, not because I am caving in to the reality show craze, but because there is a Prince Albert connection . The grandparents of one of the contestants, Kendra Campbell, live here. Kendra's mother grew up in a town close to Prince Albert and her grandparents have lived here for many years. Couple this with the fact that I am a huge fan of both Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, and that Simon Cowell - and his negative attitude - is no longer on the show, I think I may watch a little American Idol this time around, at least as long as Kendra Campbell is still a contestant. Just don't expect me to lay awake nights worrying about my favorite contestant or to faithfully watch each and every episode. It would just be nice that the next American Idol has a Prince Albert connection. Having a good reason to watch a mediocre program . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment