Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fill'er Up



Fill ‘er up? Anything else I can do for you”? The gas jockey at my favourite filling station asks the question through frozen lips. On a bitterly cold winter day, when my gas tank hits the empty mark, I can think of no one I appreciate more than the friendly gas jockies who pump gas for me. I dislike pumping my own gas, so I always appreciate the employees at the filling station. I am even more appreciative when it is really cold. I am always amazed at how friendly and helpful they are even in frigid temperature. They always impress me with their smiles and pleasant personalities. After all, I would let them pump my gas even if they were not nice to me! No matter what they get paid, it is not enough. I don’t know how many pairs of underwear, t-shirts, gloves and scarves one would have to wear to be that happy in cold weather, and I don’t want to know. Appreciating friendly service, especially in cold weather . . . it’s a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment