Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Wyatt


Last week I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting another brand-new great-nephew. Wyatt is even more perfect that I imagined he could be. At barely three months old, he already holds his head up, his neck is solid and his legs are strong. It is easy to forget you are holding a newborn. My nieces have suddenly become old enough to marry and have children. This amazes me! Where did the time go? It seems like it was only a couple years ago I was holding them in my arms, and now I am holding their children. Our family is growing, new boyfriends and husbands are becoming a part of our circle and new babies are appearing. The next generation is on the move. We are quickly becoming “the old aunts” – a title once relegated to my father’s sisters. While I love my new nieces and nephews, I wish time would slow down just a little. Let me get used to having grown children and to seeing my brother and sister with grown children. Now we are suddenly grand-parents and great-aunts. It is all, as they said in the Lion King, a part of the circle of life and we need to relish every moment. Loving each new member of our family, even as we longingly look back at our own youth . . . it’s a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment