Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Family You Can Count On


Most of the time we take our family for granted. Today something happened to me that reminded how fortunate I am to have family I can count on. It is another bitterly cold day. I was driving on one of our city streets today when I hit an ice patch (ok - I probably was driving a little too fast). My car swerved out of control and did a 180. I found myself facing the opposite direction with the back end and passenger side of my car stuck in a snow bank. I barely missed a couple trees on both the front and back of my car. I was stuck. My car just wouldn't move. I knew that because it was so cold, I would have a long wait for a tow-truck. I called my husband and son. Within ten minutes they arrived, gave me a push and I was on my way. As I pulled away, it struck me that I take those little things my family does for me for granted, things like - well, like getting pushed out of a snow bank. Having family you can count on for the big and little things . . .it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment