Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Green High Heels


When I was about five years old, my Mom had a pair of olive green high heel shoes. I loved those shoes! I would wear them around the house every opportunity I had. I made Mom promise me that she would keep the shoes for me until I was old enough to fit into them. She promised that she would. I would periodically check her closet to make sure my prized green heels were still there, waiting for my feet to grow into them. In my "little girl mind", I would envision how beautiful I would look wearing them, and how lovely they would look on my feet when I wore them to the ball. Of course, I did not really know what a ball was, but I knew that princesses in beautiful shoes danced at balls. Mom kept her promise and saved the shoes for me. However, by the time I grew into them, my friends and I were not wearing heels. Platform shoes and boots were in style and so the green shoes sat in Mom's closet. Eventually, she moved them into the "dress-up box" for her grandchildren when they came to visit. I never did wear those shoes as an adult, but I always loved them. Over the years they have disappeared, but I remember every detail of those green high-heel shoes. Perhaps I remember them so well for two reasons: the first because I loved them so much, and the second because my Mom loved me so much that she stored them for all those years. Beautiful green shoes fit for a princess - and her mother - to wear to the ball . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment