Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Family Tree

This is a picture of my great-grandfather and great-grandmother, my father's maternal grandparents. I did not know a picture of them even existed until recently when a cousin sent it to me along with a family tree which traced our line back to the 1600's. This couple came from France to Canada with five children, including my grandmother. Now, a little over a hundred years later, the family in France is hosting a family reunion and have contacted their Canadian relatives. They have invited us to attend and to reconnect with them. They have asked each family to submit their family tree, going forward from our grandparents to the present generation. Now each tree is submitted and will be sent to France. Amazingly, from this one couple there are over one thousand descendants! None of us would have guessed the number would be so high. I wonder what this couple would think if they knew how their little family of five had grow to over one thousand within a century. Keeping the family strong from one generation to the next. . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment