Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cool Treat

I wonder who invented the Popsicle. He or she deserves the Noble Peace Prize in the “Really Good Treat” category. When I was a kid, one of my favorite treats was a popsicle (ok - it still is one of my favorite treats). I remember hot summer days, sitting outside, sucking on a popsicle (usually only one-half of the popsicle because Mom would make me share the other half with my sister). More of the treat melted onto my hands and down my arms than I actually got in my mouth – but that was part of the enjoyment! My favorite was (and still is) the orange one. Some kids liked the fancier creamsicle, with its filling in the middle, but I always prefer just a plain old orange popsicle. Hot summer day, sitting outside eating an orange popsicle . . . . it’s a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Rose, we need to become better friends: I would never eat an orange popsicle. I believe friends should be complementery, so when I buy a box, will you eat all my orange popsicles? I'm a banana girl - mmmmm, banana popsicles - but they don't come in the box, so I will eat the cherry and grape.

    ReplyDelete