Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Criminal Intent


Why does it feel so good to get away with something illegal? I don't mean murder or grand theft, just little things like speeding or not plugging a meter. I was driving along in the city when my cell phone rang. Normally, I try to pull over to answer it. But I was on a busy street with no lane to turn into, so I decided to answer my phone while driving, which of course is now illegal. While I was busy talking and driving, I pulled up to a red light. Suddenly, I noticed that sitting directly across from me was a police car. I instantly knew that the police officer could see me and I was about to get a $200 ticket. The light turned green, our vehicles met and we made eye contact. I knew it was over! I checked my rear-view mirror to watch him crack a u-turn to "come and get me". However he kept on driving! What a great feeling! I had just gotten away with a crime - right under the nose of the law! It might not rate up with Al Capone or Bonnie and Clyde, but just for a little while I felt like a law-busting outlaw on the lam. I don't why it felt so good, but I was invincible for the rest of the day. I even considered parking in a handicap zone, but thought that might be pushing it! I guess I'm not cut out for full-time criminal activity. Getting away with it . . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment