Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flower Power


I love flowers! Every kind of flower. Nothing brightens up a day like a bouquet of beautiful flowers. My sister-in-law gave me an amaryllis for my birthday several years ago. It was just a root in a package given to me at the beginning of December. She told me to expect it to bloom once, around Christmas time, and then it probably wouldn’t survive much longer. “They never last long, these amaryllises,” she said. Well, it has bloomed each year for the past five years or more. . . never around Christmas. Sometimes it blooms in spring, sometimes in fall, and each time it blooms, it grows another bulb. So, some years I have two or three beautiful blooms all at once. The blossom is so gigantic and so graceful! A beautiful plant that blooms every year to remind you that someone cared enough about you to buy it for you in the first place . . . it’s a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment