Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Cry Me A River (Or at least a pond)

Is there anything more beautiful in a backyard than a pond? Each one is unique and is the creation and the vision of its builder. Sitting by a pond, hearing the water trickle creates such a sense of peace and well being - or as my more spiritual friends would call it, a "zen moment" The pond in the picture belongs to a friend, who decided that this was exactly what his back yard needed. He collected flat rocks from a "secret location" he found in northern Saskatchewan and hauled the rocks home. His plan went through many revisions before he found the perfect combination. His backyard has become an oasis for peaceful and serene relaxation and rejuvenation. A backyard pond shared with friends . . . it's a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. I hoped that was your yard! Its gorgeous! "He" must have not have any little kids around the house anymore!
    My parents spent a lot of time searching out flat rocks on my Grandparents farmland. I never understood it at the time, but now I do!

    ReplyDelete