Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Keeping Time


Is there something wrong with one person having this many watches? I hope not, because all the watches in this picture are mine! And those are just the watches that have working batteries. I don't know when I started having a "watch obsession". I remember a time when I owned only one watch at a time. I can't recall when it all got carried away. All I know is that I suddenly have a lot of watches - more watches than a normal person should have. I had a watch given to me for Mother's Day, then one for Christmas. Then I found a watch I really liked in an Avon catalogue. And it just grew from there! Suddenly, when I wasn't looking, they multiplied. And here's the clincher: I don't even wear a watch very often. I usually keep track of time on my cell phone. However, when I do decide to wear a watch, it's fun picking just the right one. If any of my friends need to borrow a watch, they can usually find one they like in my collection, so maybe I am subconsciously collecting watches to help people. Yeah, that must be why! Having the perfect watch for every occasion . . . it's a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. They might try to get you to go to rehab....better WATCH out!

    ReplyDelete