Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Empty School Bus


Yesterday, I met an empty school bus on the street. That encounter brought back memories of my own school busing days and summer vacation. I remember the feeling I would get in the summer when an empty bus would pass by our house. I was happy that I didn't have to worry about missing the bus or if I had done my homework. I would always have a moment of panic wondering if I had in fact missed the bus before I would remember that school was out for the summer. Although I was one of those kids who always enjoyed school, I also loved my summer vacation. That empty bus driving by would reinforce the notion to enjoy the summer, and have as much fun as you can because in two months, the bus would be back for me. It would serve as a reminder that school would indeed start again and made my summer off even sweeter! Enjoying those long, lazy, carefree days of summer as a empty bus drives by your house . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment