Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Look Out Weeds - Here I Come!




What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when you have just finished weeding! I love that moment when you step back and everything is clean and weed-free. Even though you know it won't last long, in fact by the next day some of the weeds are starting to poke their heads through the soil, it still feels great for a little while. My flower beds received a lot of damage in last week's wind storm and some of my plants are looking pretty sad. But after a good weeding, even the broken plants look better. All the plants suddenly appear to be so much taller and fuller when there no luscious weeds to compete with. Most times, I will come across something that I can't identify as a flower or a weed. I end up just leaving it until it has time to grow a little more and, hopefully, by the next weeding, I can decide if it stays or goes. So, weeding even has a little mystery to it! Usually when I am about half-way through the weeding, I look around and realize how much is left to clean and I start to feel a little discouraged. However, I keep at it, knowing the feeling of euphoria is waiting for me at the end of the task. It feels great at the end of the day to stand in the middle of your yard and look over your labour of love. If there are flower gardens in heaven, sign me up for the weeding crew. Weeding - and enjoying - your flower garden . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment