Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Days, Hot Weather and . . .Winter Catalogues?


A couple weeks ago, I received my Sears winter catalogue! Winter catalogue! In June! Every year, I am amazed that winter catalogues arrive in June. Which, of course, means that the Christmas catalogue arrives in September. Of course, the arrival of the winter catalogue signals the start of the summer clothing sales in all the stores - almost before summer has even started! For people like me, this is probably a good thing. I'm not really a "shop till you drop" type , so by the time I start thinking that I really need summer clothes (sometime in June or July), it is already on sale in order make room for the winter clothes (which I will buy in December by which time they go on sale to make room for the spring clothes). I don't plan to shop only when clothes is on sale, it just happens that by the time I get around to it, store owners are already eyeing the next season. So, really, it is a win-win situation all around: I get clothes I need, which just happen to be on sale because I've procrastinated and the stores get to clear items so they have room for next season's styles. Hmmm, it is a perfect world, after all! Buying clothes - in season - at end-of-season prices . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment