Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mud Puddle Therapy


What is it about children and mud puddles? Why do children so love playing in cold, dirty water? I remember how I loved to play in mud puddles when I was little. I could never understand why adults would get so upset when we got wet and dirty. My city was recently hit with a powerful storm. The strong wind uprooted trees, ripped off shingles and caused a great deal of property damage. The rain came down so hard that people who were driving had to pull over and stop because they couldn't see. Over the last couple days, people have been hauling away trees and branches, repairing the damage to their homes and assessing the damage. I notice, however, that the children are oblivious to the damage and are just happy to have mud puddles to play in. Maybe we should all put our rakes, hammers and saws down and play in the mud puddles with our children. I think sometimes we forget that it's ok to have fun, even when there is work to do and even when your home and property need repair. Maybe that's one of the most important reasons God invented children - to remind us to have fun and to laugh. Acting like a kid and jumping in mud puddles . . . it's a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. How right you are. Mud puddles are a magnet for kids. My boys loved running bare foot through mud holes when we were camping and it was even great fun just watching them. RAK

    ReplyDelete