Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Well, Hello Sunset!

Our province is known for its beautiful sunsets. While we appreciate their beauty, I now realize that we often take our gorgeous sunsets for granted. Our summer has been so rainy and cloudy and I had not seen a sunset for weeks, until I saw one the other night, As I admired its beauty, it suddenly struck me that this was the first sunset I had enjoyed in a long time - and I had not realized that I was missing it until it came back in its full glory! Maybe this is why Mother Nature has sent us all these weeks and weeks of cloudy skies: to make us stop and appreciate the sunsets she provides for our enjoyment. By taking away, and then giving back, something beautiful, we learn to appreciate and notice it. She is a sly one, that Mother Nature! Now that I realize how few sunsets we have seen this summer, I miss them. Suddenly understanding that weeks of cloudy weather makes you truly appreciate and look forward to a beautiful sunset . . . . it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment